Written by Cole Locascio
Well, today's the day. The (unofficial) start of the 2014 college football season. Grab your coffee, call in sick to work, put your feet up on the coffee table, and turn on ESPNU, because it's signing day -- Christmas morning for college football fanatics.
Auburn has 21 commitments coming into today, and looking for three or four more as the day rolls by. Be sure to check this page throughout the day to see the latest Auburn signing day news as it happens.
Here are my extensive predictions and the odds of Auburn landing each remaining target on the board: http://auburnincorporated.com/blog/2014/2/5/final-recruiting-oddspredictions
- D'haquille Williams (enrolled) (JUCO) - WR, 5 Star
- Derrick Moncrief (enrolled) (JUCO) - S, 4 Star
- Stanton Truitt (enrolled) (JUCO) - ATH, 4 Star
- Chris Laye (enrolled) (JUCO) - TE, 3 Star
- Xavier Dampeer (enrolled) (JUCO) - C, 3 Star
- Kalvaraz Bessent - CB, 4 Star
- Raashed Kennion - DE, 3 Star
- Sean White - QB, 4 Star
- DaVonte Lambert - DE, 4 Star
- Nick Ruffin - CB, 4 Star
- Justin Thornton - DE, 4 Star
- Kamryn Pettway - RB, 3 Star
- Stephen Roberts - S, 4 Star
- Jakell Mitchell - TE, 3 Star
- Myron Burton - WR, 3 Star
- Tre' Williams - ILB, 5 Star
- Roc Thomas - RB, 5 Star
- Devaroe Lawrence - DT, 3 Star
- Dontavious Russell - DT, 4 Star
- Zach Wade - LS, 2 Star
- Ike Powell - LS, 2 Star
- De'Shaun Davis - LB, 4 Star
- Braden Smith - OG, 4 Star
- Markell Boston - S, 3 Star
- Andrew Williams - DE, 4 Star
- Joseph Turner (JUCO) - CB, 3 Star
AUBURN TARGETS w/ ANNOUNCEMENT TIMES:
(All times eastern)
- Treon Harris (FSU Commit) - ATH, Miami (FL), 4 Star
- Announcement Time - 9 a.m.
- UPDATE: Committed to Florida
- Braden Smith (Auburn Commit) - OG, Olathe (KS), 4 Star
- Interests: Auburn, TCU, Texas A&M
- Announcement Time - 11:20 a.m. on ESPNU
- UPDATE: Committed to Auburn
- Davon Godchaux (LSU Commit) - DE, Plaquemine (LA), 4 Star
- Interests: LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn
- Announcement Time - 11:30 a.m.
- UPDATE: Committed/Signed with LSU
- Rashaan Evans (Committed to Alabama) - OLB, Auburn (AL), 5 Star
- Interests: Auburn, Alabama, UCLA
- Announcement Time - 11:45 a.m. on ESPNU
- UPDATE: Committed/Signed with Alabama
- Andrew Williams (Undecided) - DE, McDonough (GA), 4 Star
- Interests: Auburn, Clemson, Georgia
- Announcement Time - 2 p.m.
UPDATE 9:29 am: Treon Harris has flipped his commitment from FSU to Florida. So that's one target that's now off the board for the Tigers.
UPDATE 9:49 am: Yesterday, an Alabama commit was told he may have to redshirt (maybe to make room for Rashaan Evans). Now he is being told that he can go ahead and sign his LOI. Sounds like good news for Auburn.
UPDATE 10:22 am: In what would be a shocking turn of events, word is spreading that DE Davon Godchaux wants to flip his commitment from LSU to Ole Miss. His mother doesn't seem to be happy about the news.
UPDATE 10:37 am: Auburn has received an LOI from one of the top long-snappers in the country, Ike Powell. Powell has accepted a preferred walk-on position with the Tigers, and will enroll later this summer.
UPDATE 10:40 am: Add another long-snapper to the board. Zach Wade out of Georgia has committed to the Tigers and will accept a preferred walk-on position as well.
UPDATE 11:26 am: OG Braden Smith commits to the Tigers. Smith is the 22nd commitment of the 2014 class.
UPDATE 11:43 am: Auburn already has Rashaan Evans' profile on their official website. http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rashaan_evans_884369.html
UPDATE 11:49 am: Rashaan Evans commits to Alabama. Shocking news to me.
UPDATE 12:16 pm: Lost in the Evans news, recent Auburn commit, Markell Boston, has sent his LOI to Auburn.
UPDATE 12:18 pm: And with that, all of the Tigers' commitments heading into the day have now signed with Auburn. Just trying to find the silver lining at this point.
UPDATE 1:21 pm: So now we have only Andrew Williams' announcement to watch. That comes up in about 40 minutes, so stay tuned for that. It's down to UGA, Clemson, and Auburn. Auburn looks to be the favorite at this point.
UPDATE 1:32 pm: Rashaan Evans has signed with Alabama.
UPDATE 1:59 pm: Andrew Williams' decision is coming up in a few minutes. You can watch it live on ESPN3.
UPDATE 2:22 pm: Andrew Williams commits to Auburn, and that should do it for Auburn's 2014 recruiting class. I'll keep you updated if I hear anymore surprises.
UPDATE: 3:01 pm: Andrew Williams has signed with Auburn, and that looks to be it for this year's recruiting class. Auburn should end ranked #6 on 247sports.com's team rankings. The future is bright. Thanks for joining me today, and War Eagle!